Sunday, April 20, 2008

My Community Partner

This semester I am working with Project Open Hand. They are located on the corner of Polk and Eddy. Since 1985, Project Open Hand has been providing “meals with love” to people living with serious illnesses and to seniors in San Francisco and Alameda County and has served as a model for over 100 organizations all over the world.

I am specifically helping them create and distribute a survey to their volunteers to update their volunteer database with thousands of entries. In addition to that, I am helping them restructure and organize their database in hopes to help make it more user friendly. Currently they have to do a lot of tedious work to do certain things within their database. At the end of this term, I hope to automate most of the tedious work and make the database easier to use.

No comments: