Monday, May 5, 2008

Final Writing Assignment

At first, I was a bit overwhelmed working with Project Open Hand. When I initially saw their database, my thoughts were, "Oh man this is going to get sloppy." And then they also told me that they wanted me to create and distribute a survey for them. 

After sinking all of this in and actually doing the tasks, the work wasn't as bad as I thought. Though the work and research did require a lot of time outside of the Friday hours, Tae Hee and I plowed through it and helped the special events staff with a lot of things that they've been complaining about.

This experience has given me a taste of what consulting is like. We examined the problem, brainstormed possible solutions, and weighed the pros and cons of each solution. I am little more confident on going out to the real world and using my skills to help others.

No comments: